Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My First Solo Show!




I am so excited about my first solo show ever. It's been a long time coming and a real learning curve for me.

I wanted to present new work using a different process. I had been experimenting with embroidery and decided to create work using that process rather than my applique process. A friend had shown me some medical images and I thought they were so powerful, I wanted to embroider X-rays and MRIs.

It took a long time to figure out how to translate these forms of imagery into values that I could stitch and a lot of trial and error--mostly error. But I finally figured out how to do it with only 3 months left to make the pieces.

So I frantically stitched my heart away for 3 months.



This the close up of my first piece:

And this is the full image, which was chosen for the postcard:



I've photographed the other pieces and will be sharing them with you. I'll also photograph the installation, so you can see how the pieces look as a group.

1 comment:

  1. On the basis of the above, I am looking forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete