Friday, January 13, 2012

Other Pieces to be Shown in New York

Pink Rose I

Among the 11 pieces being shown is some work that many haven't seen for a long time. They're older pieces that I made in 2007. One piece, Pink Rose I won 3rd place in abstracts at IQA in Houston that year.

White Rose XI
That was my first time in Houston and I was so fortunate to meet up with Jamie Fingal (www.jamiefingaldesigns.com). I was all by myself & pretty much lost. She was kind enough to invite me to her dinner group and it was great fun! They embraced me as one of their own and I was so moved by that. I think quilters are that way.
























When I was accepted to Quilt National '09, I went by myself again, and again quilters embraced me. I met some wonderful new friends. Among my first acquaintances that first night, was Marianne Burr (www.marianneburr.com). She does incredible silk dye painting & embroidery on whimsical pieces using geometric shapes.


Marianne



Another great friend that I met at QN is Cathy Jeffers. She does wonderful, whimiscal pieces! I'm having trouble loading the work she does, so please go to her site--it's a great new site:

cathyjeffers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment