Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New York Fun




One of the most important things on my list to do while in New York was to see as much art as possible. We had been advised to visit The Frick, The Whitney and of course, The Metropolitan. I had also wanted to see MOMA (unfortunately, de Kooning's show had just finished) and The Guggenheim.


We also wanted to find Whole Foods (& found a Trader Joe's nearby) and, of course, The ArtQuilt Gallery. Finding the weather cold, but bearable, we walked everywhere. It was great fun to see New York that way.

Each day we traveled on a different route, using 5th, 6th, 7th, Madison, etc. The only days that it was tough was Sat. when it snowed & Mon. when it rained. My waterproof shoes ended up not being waterproof, and Claudia, my painting buddy, needed some better shoes for the snow. We found some interesting shoes in Spanish shoe store--I think it was "Shapers" or something like that. They had the coolest wicker interior, but I didn't think to photograph it because we were so cold.

We also walked through Central Park several times as well.




1 comment: