Monday, June 3, 2013

More About Milestones: Textiles of Transition



Sunday I attended the Opening reception of Milestones: Textiles of Transition, which runs through July 21st. It was grueling drive (4 hours each way from my home in Tahoe) but it was well worth it.

Above you see the entrance with, Forever Yours, a wonderful piece by Susan Else.

This shows my piece on the left and some wedding ring quilts from the museum's collection as well as a private collection.

Arriving a little early, I was able to photograph a few works before our artist walk & talk began. In the foreground, you see Collateral Damage, by artist Victoria May. On the wall you see The Last Year, by Deidre Scherer, that portrays the final year of an elderly woman. Below is one of the pieces, April 1968.





And here's a photo of me in front of my piece, taken by my friend Linda.



You can read some of the press coverage here:

http://www.smdailyjournal.com/articles/arts/2013-06-01/museum-gotta-see-um/1769420.html

http://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/textile-news/usa/newsdetails.aspx?news_id=119547

More photos to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment